The Suffolk Co-ordination Service will no longer be taking applications from the 24th March at 5pm. All new applications for Supported Accommodation will need to be made through the new Housing Related Support Access route.
- All customers who were previously registered with SCS and are still in need of accommodation and support will need to refresh their application on HRS Access. Many who have self referred are being contacted but referral agencies are asked to support customers in need to ensure they are registered on HRS Access using the new on line form. HRS Access will be live from 27th March for refreshing applicants.
- From Monday 3rd April 2017 all applications for housing related support should be made online at www.suffolk.gov.uk/hrsaccess
- Paper forms, Suffolk Coordination Service (SCS) and CARA forms will not be accepted. Please dispose of any forms and leaflets that you have. A leaflet for HRS Access will be available soon
This site will no longer be available after the 31st March.
Do you need accommodation tonight?
Contact these Emergency Accommodation providers directly if you are in need of accommodation tonight.
- Access Community Trust YPS Felixstowe Crash Pads (16-24yrs old only): A single room for up to 10 days stay or 2 beds available in one room for family members. Own washroom/toilet, use of communal kitchen. Contact: 01394 285243
- Access Community Trust YPS Stowmarket Crash Pads (16-24yrs old only): A single room for up to 10 days stay or 2 beds available in one room for family members. Own kitchen and bathroom. Contact: 01449 771484
- YMCA Crash Pads (16-24yrs old only) Bury St Edmunds: A single room with your own kitchen and sharing a bathroom for up to 10 days stay Contact: 01284 701697
- YMCA Crash Pads (16-24yrs old only) Ipswich: 2 single rooms for up to 10 days stay. Catering available and use of shared kitchen and bathrooms Contact: 01473 252456
- Access Community Trust Phoenix House Crash Pad (16 up to 18yrs old only, once you have reached your 18th birthday you cannot apply) Lowestoft: A single room offering up to 10 nights' accommodation share kitchen and bathroom Contact: 01502 587061
- Access Community Trust The Fyffe Centre Short Stay Emergency Accommodation (SSEA) (18yrs+) Lowestoft: A single room offering 1 nights' accommodation. 3 nights can be offered at weekends only until service re-open Monday morning. Share kitchen and bathroom Contact: 01502 569033
- Genesis Housing Cavendish Lodge Short Stay Emergency Accommodation (SSEA) (18yrs+) Ipswich: You will share a dormitory style room with 8 other people with access to kitchens and bathrooms for up to 28 days. Contact: 01473 219155
- Havebury Housing Tayfen House Short Stay Emergency Accommodation (SSEA) (18yrs+) Bury St Edmunds: 4 bed shared mixed dormitory or a 2 bed with shared mixed dormitory fridge/freezer, microwave, shower and laundry facilities. Own lockable storage for up to 21 days. Severe Weather Emergency Provision (SWEP) available in Oct –March. Contact: 01284 725487
Direct Access accommodation outside of Suffolk (note SCS do not refer to this accommodation)
- Jimmy's Cambridge (18yrs+), East Road, Cambridge, CB1 1BD Contact: 01223 576085 Jimmy's Cambridge
- Corona House (Female only 18yrs to 60yrs), 1 Corona Road, Cambridge, CB4 3EE Contact: 01223 369125
- Norwich Night Shelter (18yrs+), Bishopbridge House, 45 William Kett Close, Gas Hill, Norwich, NR1 4SD Contact: CAPS Team 01603 613453 Bishopbridge House
- Colchester Emergency Night Shelter (18yrs + and couples), 39-41 Alexandra Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3DF Contact: 01206 549885 Colchester Emergency Night Shelter
Homeless Link publishes a directory of hostels and accommodation projects.